It’s important to have a real estate website in this digital age, but it can be hard to know how to get people to actually view it. And it seems like an incredible waste unless you’re actually getting leads!
I get it.
Fortunately, there’s an easy way to transform your real estate website that will bring you traffic while also giving you material to share on social media that will get great leads to visit your site.
It’s called a community page. Here’s how it works.
What is a Community Page?
A website is far more than an online business card. It should have several other elements, including a page that highlights your current listings.
One of the elements that can make the biggest difference is a community page. Very simply, a community page is a website that highlights the neighborhood(s) you want to farm.
The goal of a community page is to be a go-to location where those living in your target neighborhood, and those visiting or moving there, can get great community highlights. Here are some of the things you can post on the community page of your website:
- What special events are going on in the neighborhood? You can post the times of Visiting Santa events, holiday light shows, tree lightings, fireworks, cookouts, sidewalk sales, and more.
- Shows and Entertainment. Is a band coming to town? A popular comedian? Mention it on your community page and provide a link to buy tickets.
- How is the local high school doing in the current season’s sport? Is there a local college or pro team that’s popular?
- New Openings. Is a new business opening soon? If there’s a mall in the neighborhood, there are likely to be occasional changes to the store lineups. Be a source of that information!
It doesn’t have to be hard to find this information. Much of it is available in local newspapers or on a variety of local websites – school websites, venue websites, and more. Your goal is to consolidate it into a one-stop-shop – on your website!
What are the Benefits?
If you’re going to take the time to add this page to your website, what are you going to gain? That’s a very important question to answer before you take the time to do something like this!
There are a ton of benefits to having a community page. Here are just a few:
- Ready to Share on Social Media! If you need something to share on your social media sites, look no further than your own community page. Share an upcoming event, show, sport, or new opening. You can share it more than once, and you can share on many different social media accounts.
- You Become an Expert. If someone stops you on the street and has a question about what’s going on in your target neighborhood, you won’t have to hem and haw, trying to remember something relevant. Everything about the neighborhood will be fresh in your mind.
- You Have Events to Share in Newsletters and Postcards. When you combine your online community page with regular farming methods through the mail, you can reuse the same information multiple times. Share items from your community page on postcards and in newsletters, and include a link for them to go online to your website!
How a Community Page Brings in Leads
If you have a community page that is updated regularly, gets shared on social media, and is part of your print marketing, will it bring in leads?
In a word, yes.
A popular community page will make your name stand out among other Realtors® in your area. You will be top of mind simply because people are used to visiting your website for relevant community information.
Events and articles from your page will be shared on social media, not only by you, but by others in the community. They will use your links to invite friends and family to join them at local entertainment and sports shows. This will increase the “know, like, and trust” factors and encourage people to want to do business with you.
Finally, when people are visiting your website regularly, they are seeing your listing links and your contact information on a regular basis. This will plant in their mind the idea that if they need real estate help, they should contact you. They may also recommend you to others as a Realtor® based on your community page.
A community page on your website is a small change that can bring immense rewards. While it will take a bit of time to find your go-to sources that you need to update your page regularly, once you have them updating your page will take less than 30 minutes. The benefits of being the “Realtor® in the know” and having all of that content for your marketing are worth far, far more.
Are you ready to start sharing community events through your postcard and newsletter marketing? At Printerbees, we have your print marketing needs covered. Contact us today and we’ll help get you positioned for success in 2017!