Yesterday I shared a list of fun holidays in the first half of the year, along with ideas on how you could leverage those days for your real estate marketing.
If you’re like me, you like to have fun and be a little different, and those things certainly help you stand out to prospects and clients!
Here are some great ideas for the second half of the year:
Third Quarter: Fun Holidays in July – September
Summer is winding down and fall is approaching – it’s a great time to connect with buyers and sellers who want to move before the school year begins!
- July 7th, Chocolate Day: Who doesn’t love chocolate? Consider doing an outreach postcard with a recipe featuring your favorite chocolate dish to celebrate.
- July 30th, National Cheesecake Day: Consider sharing your favorite cheesecake flavor on social media and asking others to do the same. Or make a game out of having your network guess your favorite!
- August 10th, National S’mores Day: Host a s’mores get together in your neighborhood or at your office. You can safely make s’mores indoors or out.
- August 16th, Joke Day: Send a postcard or a notecard featuring your favorite family-friendly joke or pun. You can also make this a social media outreach!
- September 28th, National Good Neighbor Day: If there was ever a day made for door-to-door outreach, this is it. Go into your target neighborhood, introduce yourself, and talk about how you can bring in good neighbors.
- September 29th, International Coffee Day: I don’t know about you, but I celebrate this one every day. Invite a partner, colleague, or prospect out for coffee and connect with them while building your business.
Fourth Quarter: Offbeat Holidays in October – December
Traditional holiday postcards are great, but you can also stand out by celebrating some unique days during the holiday season. Try these ideas on for size:
- October 8th – 14th, Fire Prevention Week: Ok, this is a whole week, but it gives you the opportunity to reach out in your farm neighborhoods with valuable information. Send flyers that share tips about fire prevention and safety, and include your business card.
- October 22nd, Make a Difference Day: Join in a volunteer effort or organize a cleanup in your community. Post pictures of your efforts on social media and encourage others to participate!
- November 13th, World Kindness Day: Publicize a simple give-back, like paying for the coffee of the person behind you at the coffee shop. Do it yourself, and encourage your network to do the same.
- November 29th, E-Greetings Day: Use this holiday to do a fun outreach to your email list. You can send a joke, pun, silly picture, or whatever makes your heart light. Say hello electronically!
- December 5th, Day of the Ninja: This holiday is just too cool to skip over. You might send out ninja-themed marketing, or host a ninja dress-up evening for kids at a community center.
- December 12th, National Gingerbread Day: You can build a gingerbread house with your family and share pictures on Facebook and Instagram, or you can simply find pictures of elaborate gingerbread houses and share the amazement with others.
In the end, silly holidays are not about increasing your workload. It’s about finding unique ways to stand out from a crowd of other Realtors® doing a lot of the same tactics as you are. Whether you celebrate one of these hilarious days or several, you’re sure to bring a smile to someone’s face and be remembered for it!