I wrote a few days ago about how incredibly important it is to follow up promptly with prospects and clients. It can be the difference between earning $10,000+ and earning NOTHING!
For many Realtors®, though, follow-up falls through the cracks. It’s not that they don’t want to follow up, or intend to follow up, but they get busy. Things happen. And before you know it, it’s been weeks and you never got back to that phone call or email.
There is a way to make sure this never happens – by automating your follow-up. Here’s what you can do.
Automate Email Follow-Up
I’m am a huge advocate for email automation. I know that for Printerbees, implementing automated follow-up increased my revenue 472%. My return on investment for my marketing was 4,000%. Yes, three zeros!
Here’s what happens when you automate your email follow-up:
- Prospects get a reply no matter what day or time they contact you
- You don’t have to interrupt your workflow to write a reply
- You can segment your list and send specific messages to specific prospects
- You can take time off without worrying that you will miss out on new business
Here at Printerbees, we use Infusionsoft. We love the ability to customize email campaigns, add customer tags, and much, much more. If you are a well-established Realtor® looking for flexible and robust email marketing, Infusionsoft is incredible.
If you are newer to email marketing, you may not want to make a large investment until you grow your list and see consistent results. You might enjoy ConvertKit, Constant Contact, or another simpler email service. These options are easy for beginners to learn and are easier on the budget when you don’t need advanced options.
Take the Stress Out of Other Follow-Up
Email is the easiest type of follow-up to automate because you can create campaigns based on user behavior. Depending on the email provider you choose, you can track clicks, add tags, and send specific email sequences to specific groups of prospects or customers.
However, there are ways to reduce the stress of other types of follow-up as well. Here are some ideas you can use:
- Set up automated text replies that say, “I received your message, and will reply within 12 hours,” or something along that line. That way, you don’t have to drop everything to reply to a text, but the person reaching out to you knows when to expect your reply.
- Consider a virtual receptionist service to help with calls. This avoids having everyone sent to voicemail when you are focused on other tasks. Even better, a virtual receptionist can let you know right away when a call is truly important.
- Let Printerbees help make sure your mailings go out like clockwork. Handling bulk mail can be a hassle, but we know how to make it easy! Whether you want to send farming postcards regularly or have an Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) mailing in mind, we can print it and mail it for you! Contact us for more information.
Follow Up Quickly to Make a Great Impression
I’ve said it before: I am regularly shocked how many professionals don’t follow up promptly. If you focus on automating your follow-up process, you will get back to prospects quickly every time. That itself can win you business.
Even better, automation means that following up doesn’t have to interrupt your day. By having processes in place that make follow-up automatic, you can continue to focus on your work without missing out on the opportunity for a new client.
How do you plan to improve your follow-up for the rest of 2017? Share in the comments!