Are you tired of doing the same thing with your marketing month after month and year after year? Well, I have good news for you – it’s easy to shake things up!
Holidays can be a great way to connect with prospects and former clients, build your brand, and bring a smile to someone’s face. But we all know that everyone sends postcards and notecards around Christmas, Easter, Halloween, and other major holidays.
So – why not be different? Why not find a playful, fun holiday that you can celebrate with a postcard mailing, special event, or outreach?
Here are some great ideas for the first half of the year:
First Quarter: Fun Holidays in January – March
Kicking of the new year with something other than the norm is a great way to stand out to prospects and clients. Here are some unusual first quarter holidays:
- January 4th, Trivia Day: Consider posting some trivia on your Facebook page or website, and offering a prize for the person who gets the most right.
- January 13th, National Rubber Duckie Day: Who doesn’t love rubber duckies? Send out a postcard or letter featuring a picture of a rubber duck, or do a toy drive for charity.
- January 19th, National Popcorn Day: Celebrate national popcorn day by going door-to-door in your target neighborhood handing out microwave popcorn and business cards.
- February 7th, Send a Card to a Friend Day: Celebrate by sending notecards to former clients or prospects.
- February 15th, National Gum Drop Day: You can send out candy, pass it out door to door, or host a gum drop themed event at your office.
- March 11th, Johnny Appleseed Day: Connect with prospects in your target neighborhood by holding a funny Johnny Appleseed party, with apple pie, apple juice, and apple trivia.
- March 23rd, National Chip and Dip Day: Invite key contacts or partners out for drinks with chips and salsa to reconnect and strengthen relationships.
Second Quarter: Fun Holidays in April – June
As we move into the busy season for real estate, don’t let your marketing lag! Plan ahead to celebrate these fun holidays in the spring and summer months:
- April 2nd, International Children’s Book Day: Host a read-in at a local library to celebrate children’s literacy, and have business cards available for their parents.
- April 10th, National Siblings Day: Share a story on social media about you and your siblings if you have them; if not, ask your clients and friends to share their own stories!
- May 4th, Star Wars Day: May the Fourth Be With You! Participate in a Star Wars themed event, or share funny puns that can be used throughout the year.
- May 15th, National Chocolate Chip Day: Post a video of yourself enjoying chocolate chip cookies or ice cream, or deliver cookies to your best clients.
- June 7th, National Chocolate Ice Cream Day: Consider hosting an ice cream social to connect with your community, or take a poll on social media about everyone’s favorite flavor of ice cream.
- June 18th, National Splurge Day: Consider holding a raffle where you offer a high-value reward, or ask your online community about their biggest purchase!
This is just the beginning – I’ll be sharing tips for the second half of the year tomorrow. But for now, get out your calendar and choose a couple of holidays per quarter. It will help you reach out to prospects and former clients while also having fun!
What’s your favorite off-beat holiday? Share in the comments!